Sunday, December 16, 2012

December 16, 2012

Greeting Students and Parents,

With the tragedy that took place in Newtown, CT on Friday, I write this post with a heavy heart as I can't imagine what an event like that is like for all involved.

At Heritage we do have a crisis plan that we review each year and do practice lock down drills frequently. Student safety is always one of the first things we meet about each year.  I will do my best to answer the students questions on Monday should they arrise, and speak only to the facts that I am aware of.  I hope that as parents you have taken the time to talk to your children about the situation.

This week is also the final week of school before the winter break.

5th graders will begin the Models and Design Kit.  This is a kit heavy on engineering and problem solving.  I like it as it challenges students on many levels.

6th graders will finish the unit on chemical changes.  We may begin Force and Motion before break.

On Friday, during 5th and 6th hour we will have some activities planned to celebrate the end of 2012.  We will discuss this with the students on Monday.  I will lead the annual bean bag toss tournament.

Let's finish December on a strong note!

Peace!